Sunday, December 24, 2006

The big day

Going Home Barbie - Doesn't she look like Janet?

We're up early because we're so excited. Janet's playing Christmas music in China. Just 10 hours until the big moment. I slept well but the bed feels like a floor. Hard as a rock. Everyone in the group has mentioned this. I guess this is a Chinese thing. Janet is making milk tea. She was amazed at how fast the water heated up. We are trying to decide what Keira will wear when we get first dress her up.

We got our Going Home Barbie. These are going for $350 on ebay!

3 comments:

Margie said...

Hi Chuck and Janet! I can't tell you how excited I am for you! I had no idea that you had a blog or web site that detailed your adoption process or that you even went to China with other families! what a wonderful blessing that there are other families there with you to share the tremendous nerves and jitters that you must be feeling! Mark and I were wrapping presents last night. I kept asking what time it was in China! I can't believe that you'll meet your new daughter in just a couple of hours! I can't believe this, I'm getting teary just thinking obout it. I can only imagine what you must be feeling. Chuck and Janet, know that our thoughts and my prayers (ha-ha) are with you. What a wonderful Christmas this is!
Big, Big hugs!!
Margie

Anonymous said...

The pictures are so wonderful. We are so excited for you both. Yes, I, too, keep asking Dad what time it is in China. I keep checking on Google on China Time also.

I think I wrote my comment in the wrong place last time. I'll try to do better. This is so great.

Love and hugs,
Mom & Dad

LedaP said...

I need the short, plump version of that Barbie, LOL.