Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Applying for Keira's Passport


Today we applied for Keira's passport. We went back to the Civil Affairs office and got our "red book" which is an official document saying the adoption is complete and you may apply for a Chinese passport. It has a picture of the three of us and it's going to be a nice souvenir. But first the passport office needs it.

We went to the police station and turned the red book in. We got to drive through downtown Guangzhou which is a mess at rush hour. Our coordinator Lina and guide Simon are really nice and know what they're doing. It has gone so smoothly.

Keira's sniffles seemed to have resided. We gave her the baby Tylenol which she hated. We gave her a secial children's tea for constipation twice today. Hopefully that will loosen her up by tomorrow (the joys of parenthood).

Keira's attraction to me was even more apparent today. She cries if I don't hold her which means I held her about 6 hours today. My upper arms are aching. No complaining, this is what I signed up - for but 20 lbs fells like about 80 after 6 hours! Janet held her too but she always wanted me eventually. She wouldn't even let me put her on the bed to play like she did the first night.

Finally at the end of the day, she began to play on the bed without me holding her. I think the little girl is still getting used to the idea of someone always being there for her. Something she's not familiar with. She still is shy to shows us how she walks which we think is because she fell a few times. We're not rushing her. All in good time.

She's asleep now. We will be soon to. Tomorrow's the day for her medical. Then some fun outings for the weekend. Next week we work on the US administrative part.

P.S. I could not get online for much of the day apparently because the Taiwanese earthquake damages some lines. Didn't take many pictures today. More to follow...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

She is so adorable! I know you must be so in love with her. Congratulations!

Steph
Soul of Adoption